Like other advanced marketing protocols, white paper marketing is diversely beneficial to various business niches and tech platforms.
What is a White paper? A whitepaper or white paper is an authoritative document that guides a business regarding specific goals and products. This guide comprises the process a product launch or any particular goal will go through.
Here’s a comprehensive insight into what does white papers mean for a business and what are white papers in marketing.
What is a White Paper?
Definition White Papers:
«A white paper is a demonstrative document or theory that guides a business through a detailed process in achieving marketing or product management goals, including problem identification, solution, and addressing».
Moreover, a white paper is a detailed and thoroughly researched guide that helps brands scale their products, bring higher sales, and produce innovative new product ideas.
A white paper works hand in hand with a well-developed marketing strategy to connect customers with a brand after successful conversions. In other words, white paper fills the gap between the brand and retailer parties, consumers and marketing agencies, etc.
What Is White Paper in Marketing?
The term white paper was originally coined to obtain marketing benefits for businesses and organizations. Here’s an overview of what is white paper in marketing and how it helps in corporate growth:
- The marketing white paper follows an in-depth research and statistics-driven approach as an ultimate resourceful management guide.
- Unlike regular blogs and e-books, a marketing white paper is made with detailed craftsmanship to guide consumers and marketers.
- The white papers marketing signifies your brand identity as a solution to consumers’ problems and a leading business.
- White paper marketing brings premium output through increased leads and sales.
In a nutshell, a marketing white paper guides the entire functional year for a brand. From leading marketing teams and creative content plannings to designing new products and upcoming sales, a white paper does the job for you!
Characteristics of Successful White Papers
Although there’s no gold standard format to plan or demonstrate white papers for marketing, it’s entirely up to brands how they accomplish it with the finest details.
However, for a benchmark setting white paper must possess the following characteristics or this is how it’s written:
White papers are well-researched documents with relevant facts and stats described in precise detail, so it isn’t easy to cover it in a go while reading. Hence, a white paper for marketing is comprehensive and can be revised by readers for better understanding.
The overall layout and content breakdown are the same as any other hypothetical research document. Starting with a table of contents, summary, elaborative introduction, problem identification and description, possible solution, and ending up with an application of the given solution. Lastly, there’s a conclusion section to summarize the entire discussion with a concluding objective.
It’s recommended for a promising white paper to go up to six or seven pages, including text, images, and references. It can go beyond 50 pages, but it depends on the goals covered in it.
Style and Formatting
The overall presentation must be catchy and done under a graphic designer’s supervision. It should be well-versed and professionally aligned with an optimal hint of images, color coordination, and illustrations. The perfect format is a portrait embedded in an 8.5 × 11 size PDF.
How to Write A White paper?
Writing a white paper outline is a piece of cake, whereas its full-fledged form is a bit tacky to write and handle.
We’ve split the process for your ease of understanding; get your pens set for a high-performing white paper:
- Problem identification.
- Stating its core areas and progress status with thorough research.
- Brainstorming a valid solution plan.
- Writing down the plan and support through graphical representation.
- Trial and test the outcomes of the given plan.
- Finalize the strategy and outline. You’re all set to put down your best expertise to complete the white paper.
Application for White Paper Marketing
Are you a potential audience for white paper marketing? Yes, if you’re a part of one of these groups:
- Businesses or brands create solutions to overcome future hurdles.
- Governmental organizations aim to create awareness regarding certain subjects or constitute policy manuals to address specific goals.
- Start-ups to locate their progress and competitive areas for a progressive kickstart.
The best white papers examples are ADP white paper, Sungard AS, Cisco white paper, etc. These can be skimmed to extract profound aspects such as problem explanation, use of infographics, statistical presentation, etc.
White paper marketing is an arbitrary part of the stockpile of marketing strategies. It not only creates awareness regarding consumers’ problems but also enhances the brand’s trust and credibility in the market.